Monday, January 28, 2008

Hail to the Prophet Ascended to Heaven!

I have been kind of dreading this day for a long time. President Hinkley has been the prophet for much of my life. He has been there throughout my teenage years and early 20's as I have been figuring out who I am and strengthening my testimony of this gospel. I loved and looked forward to the times he would speak and would always pay close attention to his words taking them to heart. He was such a sweet old man. He was such an amazing prophet and did so many great things for our church. I will greatly miss his smiling face and inspiring words. I will miss the humorous talks at conference. I am however so happy for him as he is reunited with his sweet wife. So in memory of President Gordon Bitner Hinckley...

"Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great purpose in heart." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

3 comments:

Staci said...

What a great tribute... Miss You... Sienna told me she really wants you to come play again.

The Woolstenhulme Family said...

Hi Nickie I just found your blog. by the way this is Myndi (Anderson) Woolstenhulme. Your pics are adorable. I haven't seen you forever. Check out our blog @ thewoolstenhulmefamily.blogspot.com

Giselle Rasheta said...

Caryn, yay! You have a blog...now I will get to keep up with you more... I love you, Nick!